Lips are a very sensitive part of the face. Both the heat and cold can cause them to become chapped, cracked and sore. Below are 5 tips to help protect your luscious lips.
1. STAY HYDRATED. When you are dehydrated, you’re lips are the first to show. It is essential to maintain hydration levels by drinking plenty of water throughout the day to retain the natural moisture of your lips.
2. PROTECT YOUR LIPS FROM SUN AND WIND DAMAGE. UV rays have the same damaging effect on your lips as it does on the skin. Always wear lip balm or lipgloss with and SPF of 8 or higher.
3. AVOID LICKING YOUR LIPS. The acid in saliva that helps break down your food irritates your lips. When you lick your lips to add moisture you are actually dries them out even more.
4. GENTLY EXFOLIATE. Use a natural lip scrub to remove dead cells or dry skin from your lips. Create your own lip scrub at home but can together honey and sugar and using this for exfoliation. When you rinse it off, apply healing lip butter or lip moisturiser.
5. AVOID SPICY AND SALTY FOODS. Salty and spicy foods irritate your lips and cause inflammation. If you are someone who suffers from chapped lips or you are trying to heal your chapped lips add foods with high water content to your diet, like cucumber and watermelon.
Are you looking for ways to enhance the look of your lips. CLICK HERE to learn more about Lip Filler treatments and how they can create natural looking fuller lips.